- This event has passed.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
May 19 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Holmes County residents are invited to drop off their hazardous household waste including tires and appliances. No business, agricultural or industrial waste will be accepted, and a driver’s license or current utility bill is required to establish residency.
Acceptable items include:
- Oil-based paint and stain products
- Pesticides, herbicides and fungicides
- Household cleaners (acids, bases, oxidizers)
- Adhesives (roof tar, driveway sealers)
- Automotive products (motor oil, antifreeze, fluids, grease)
- Fuels (gasoline, kerosene, lighter fluid)
- Mercury (liquids, thermostats, thermometers)
- Batteries (lead-acid and household)
- Fluorescent bulbs
- PCB light ballasts
- Fire extinguishers
- Propane tanks
- Tires ($2 per tire must be paid at time of disposal, limit 4)
- Household appliances
Unacceptable items: Anything not listed above, including but not limited to latex paint, ammunition, medical waste, air conditioners, non-propane tanks or cylinders.