*A version of this story first appeared in The Budget’s March 14, 2018, Local Edition.
By Beverly Keller
A number of Sugarcreek roads are being targeted for repaving in 2018.
During a recent meeting of the Sugarcreek Village Council, Street Superintendent Matt Miller presented his list of road improvement projects for 2018.
Patching is done year-round with a budget of $12,000 for the year. Crack sealing will be done as needed at a cost of $10,500. Prep work for paving will be $19,500. In addition, several areas will be repaired with concrete totaling $12,500, as follows:
- Zurich Street – 2 areas – 2,200 square feet – $8,800
- Shepfler Drive – Apron off North Side of Maple at Commercial and Savings Bank – $2,000
- Spohn Drive – Apron off south side of State Route 39 near Brick Town Tavern – $1,700
Total paving budget to be bid through the Tuscarawas County program is $357,340 based on 2017 prices.
Roads included in the plan, are:
- Belden Circle (Belden Parkway to dead end)
- Belden Parkway (39 to Maple Drive)
- Maple Drive (1/2 from Belden Parkway to Edelweiss Drive)
- Parkhill Drive (Edgemore Street to Edgemore Street)
- Factory Street (39 to East Main Street)
- Shepfer Drive (East Main to Maple Street)
- Miller Avenue (93 to Fifth Street)
- Zimmerman Drive (Miller Avenue to Finzer Drive)
- Bern Street (93 to Luzern Street)
- Zurich Street (lower part only); Troyer Drive (39 to Shane Drive)
- Jones Drive (39 to Shane Drive)
- Spohn Drive (39 to Shane Drive)
- Weller Drive (39 to Shane Drive)
- Fair Drive (39 to Shane Drive)
- Fredrick Drive (39 to 93)
- Shane Drive (Troyer to 93)
- Cross Street (39 to Shane Drive)
- Arnold Drive (39 to Shane Drive)
- Shane Drive (39 to 93).
Zurich, Belden Circle, Belden Parkway and Maple would get a 1-inch coating in 2018 followed by chip and seal in 2019.